Sunday, October 12, 2008

My thoughts on Sarah

I saw in the Washington Post that Sarah Palin was deemed unethical because she didn't rein in her husband for harressing officials over a trooper who was terrorizing his family. I wonder, do all the people of Alaska have more rights than those related to Palin? I think he had every right to do what he did and its no reflection on Sarah. By the way, Here in Prince Georges County, our County Executive ignored a rogue police officer and he ended up killing 2 delivery men. Law enforcement officers are mostly dedicated, hardworking individuals. However, a rogue needs to be reined in and dealt with. I say congrats to Sarah. She may have saved some lives. Of course, we won't be seeing this in the Post. I would like the Washington Post to report the news, the issues and keep their opinions to themselves. I would like to form my own opinions based on the facts. I find the post biased. Reading it about the upcoming election doesn't help me make a decision.
I would like some positive reporting about the issues and what each candidate will do about it, specifically and how they will do it. I don't like all the negative dirt the Post promotes. For instance, John McCain stumbled over the name of the Afghanistan president. I can't even spell or pronounce it. Sarah stumbled over the General McKiernan/and said McKellen, I think. And the post blabbed about that ad nauseum. However Obama stumbed over John McCain's name. (called him Tom/Jim/ or something) and nary a word. What's that about? Stumbling over a name is not news. You get up there on that stage in front of millions of people and keep from stumbling. These candidates are just humans trying to do the best they can. Let's leave them to it.